I've been tagged for the 1st time! I am new to this blogging stuff too, but this seems pretty cool. It's kind of like those emails you get where you answer all those questions about yourself. For this one I get to share with you 7 things about myself. Thanks, Dawn for tagging me. I wish I knew more bloggers to tag, so what I am going to do is tag some of you nice folks who have frequented my blog.
But, before I list the 7 things about myself I just wanted to give a shout out to those wonderful ladies who attended the Stamp-A-Stack here last night. It was really fun and I hop you all enjoyed making the cards - like the one above.
As always getting together with my stampin' friends is so fun. Once again my dear friend Melinda stayed until 2am - a woman after my own heart! Oh yes, and thank you for bringing me the Lindt white chocolates - MY FAVORITES!!
Also, thanks to Kim for all her help. I hope all her guests had a fun time too - I think they all did and I hope to do more events like this with Kim - It's always fun with lots of people - what a great way to get to know other folks with the same love for stamping!
Today I spend with my darling daughter, Sophia. It was a well needed Mommy-Daughter day. We spent the day at the Heirloom Rubber Stamp and Paper Craft Expo at the DeltaPlex in Grand Rapids. There weren't as many booths there this year. This used to be the Auntie Amy's Rubber Stamp Expo and Now it is run by Heirloom products.
I went there today for one major purchase. Every year for the past 3 years I've gone and there is a small rubber stamp comapny (a mom and pop little organization) called Gray Wold Graphics and this guy has the most real looking wildlife stamps. Well, with my DH being the deer hunter he is I've been wanting 2 of these whitetail deer stamps that they have, only every year I've gone they've been sold out of them before I get there. So, the first thing Sophie and I did when we got there today was head straight for the Gray Wolf Graphics booth and purchase those 2 stamps. I'm so glad I got them. Gray Wolf Graphics is currenly working on their website. When they email me that it is up and runnig I will pass along the information.
Anyway, we found lots of good buys there today and I even bought a Cuttlebug! I got it for $64.oo which I believe is a good deal as I've seen them and Michaels and Pages in Time for over $80. I'm excited to try it out. I was surprised that only one booth was demonstrating them today. Of course there were no Marvy Uchida Giga punches to be seen either -they're such a hot item right now that no one has them!
Sophie and I had a really fun day together and I look forward to sharing some of my new creations with you - of course using some of the new items that I bought today.
OOOO - while at the expo today I stopped at the Stampin' Up! booth (of course I had to check out to see what other demonstrators are doing) and I got to look at the pallet o prints paper that is being offered thru Stampin' Up! right now (see my specials to the right on the blog page). These papers are SOOOOOO dog gone cute! I can't wait to get mine and start playing with it. I think you will really like them too and of course they are all in Stampin' Up! colors: So Saffron, Rose Red, Certain Celery and more! You've got to get these and check them out!
Okay - now for the 7 things about me and the list of other bloggers I am going to tag:
- The night my Grandmother died our doorbell rang at 1:00 in the morning. Every night before going to sleep she would fix herself a glass of milk and read her book in bed. She always went to bed around 12:30 am. When we found her the next day - we found her in bed with her glass of milk and her book by her side. I think our door bell ringing was her way of saying "good-bye".
- I've only been in one car accident and it was on the night of my senior prom. I was going home from getting my hair done for the big night and some doofus made a left turn right into me and broadsided me. It was a really windy day so my expensive do was pretty much done after waiting for the police to write the other guy his ticket and help me get home. Needless to say I had to redo my hair myself and it was just awful!
- I hide chocolate in my drawer that holds my tampons. My husband won't look there. He's the chocoholic and I just like it once in a while but every time I want some there never is any because he always finds it - until I found the perfect hiding spot!
- Sometimes I do my grocery shopping at 1:00 in the morning.
- Even though I live in a really small old house, I really to do like it and don't wish for a bigger one.
- My first car I bought on my own was a Geo Storm with pink and green checkerboard pattern on the bottom panels - which was later stripped and detailed with pink and green stripes by a friend of my uncle's.
- Growning up I never thought I would have children. Now I can't picture my life without such wonderful blessings.
Okay - there are 7 things about me now for those others I am going to tag: Well, I'm not going to tag because it seems I don't know enuf bloggers and those bloggers I frequent have already been tagged - so let me lurk a little longer and I will start tagging!
have a super stampin day!